[ovs-discuss] VXLAN support in OVS 2.5.0

Joe Stringer joe at ovn.org
Fri Jan 13 18:31:02 UTC 2017

On 13 January 2017 at 08:20, Michael Ben-Ami via discuss
<ovs-discuss at openvswitch.org> wrote:
> I'm in a very similar boat as Shravan. The utility for me is to be able to
> test flow sets on arbitrary mininet topologies that simulate real world
> topologies that may or may not use VXLAN. The root cause as I see it is that
> mininet must put all OVS bridges in the same namespace. This is probably an
> OVS limitation not mininet. Has been discussed a little here:
> https://mail.openvswitch.org/pipermail/ovs-discuss/2015-September/038543.html

For what it's worth, I believe that this is a limitation for each OVS
instance - each instance can only run bridges in the namespace it is
running. If you ran multiple copies of OVS in different network
namespaces / containers, it should work. (So would running the copies
in different VMs)