[ovs-discuss] No TCP connections over OVS

Justus Rischke justusrischke at outlook.de
Fri Jan 27 14:00:33 UTC 2017

Hello,

i am trying to set up a SDN testbed with openvswitch and multiple Raspberry Pis. I use Ryu as controller. My problem is that i cant establish any TCP connections (I use iperf)  over the openvswitch. UDP and Ping works fine, also i tested a different controller (Floodlight). Additionally when i run mininet "sudo mn --mac --switch ovsk --controller remote -x" on my PC everything works fine.  My configuration for each device/raspberry looks like this:

% sudo ovs-vsctl show
c49cf64a-4504-48fa-836a-18a30e9a38c1
    Manager "ptcp:6632"
    Bridge "s1"
        Controller "tcp:192.168.100.150:6653"
            is_connected: true
        fail_mode: secure
        Port "eth1"
            Interface "eth2"
        Port "s1"
            Interface "s1"
                type: internal
        Port "eth2"
            Interface "eth2"
    ovs_version: "2.5.0"

I use eth0 as connection to the controller. Furthermore when i connect multiple devices(with configured openvswitch) together like normal HW switches only Ping works, but no UDP or TCP.
To make sure, that it is no Raspberry Pi/Raspbian related problem, i tested this setup with a normal PC and again no TCP only in Mininet.
I installed the openvswitch modules from the package repositories and also lsmod shows that the module is loaded.
I would really appreciate any help. Thank you in advance and

with kind regards,
Justus