[ovs-discuss] Cannot match correct ethertype after POP vlan and GOTO table

Dickens Yeh dickens.yeh at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 07:27:50 UTC 2017

Hi,
I have an question, and I haven't found any OpenFlow Spec to defined it ,
please give me a help.

I am trying to work with 3 vlan tags, but it cannot match correct ethertype
after pop 1 vlan tag.
OVS Bridge already set with vlan-limit = 0, and it can watch over 2 vlan
and match the correct ethertype like ARP.

My question is:  the packet have 3 vlan tags, pop 1 vlan tag and goto-table
1. In table 1, will it match with the new packet (modified) or the original
packet like in table 0?

Thanks for answering my question.

best wishes,
Dickens Yeh