[ovs-discuss] Issue with offloading OVS flows into MLNX-4 cards

Sugu Chandran deepthysugesh at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 15:09:08 UTC 2017

Hi,

I am trying to test hardware offloading feature in OVS using a 2*25G
mellanox NIC.   My test setup has static OVS L2 rules to forward packets
between these two ports. The traffic generators are connected to these
ports to pump in traffic.
The hardware offloading is enabled in the system by using,
    ovs-vsctl --no-wait set Open_vSwitch . other_config:hw-offload=true
I didnt set any explicit hw-policy ,  kept it default as 'None'

I noticed that when I am sending traffic to these ports, there are no rules
getting programmed into the hardware. Also there are no error reported in
ovs-vswitchd.log as such.
Of Course the packets are getting forwarded in software.  Is there anything
else needs to be done to make the TC to program the mellanox NICs?

Regards
_Sugu