[ovs-discuss] Is running vswitchd of dpdk-ovs as secondary process?

Kavanagh, Mark B mark.b.kavanagh at intel.com
Mon Jul 10 09:32:20 UTC 2017

Hi Heung,

DPDK applications may be run as a secondary process if, and only if, there is already a DPDK primary process running. The primary process has responsibility for allocating memory from hugepages for DPDK applications, which the secondary process(es) may also lookup and use. Note that there are no secondary DPDK processes in OvS-DPDK.

Hope this clears things up,
Mark