[ovs-discuss] pop_mpls implementation

Khaled Diab khaledmdiab at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 10 21:20:21 UTC 2017

Hello,

I am trying to modify how OVS pops MPLS labels. I have two questions about pop_mpls implementation:

1) What is the difference between the three functions:

datapath/actions.c: pop_mpls

lib/packets.c: pop_mpls

lib/flow.c: flow_pop_mpls

Specifically, when is each of them called? and why is there a flow_pop_mpls and pop_mpls?

When I commented the first two functions, pop_mpls action works as usual; when I commented the three functions, nothing was popped.

2) During executing pop_mpls (or flow_pop_mpls), can I output the packet to a particular port?

Regards,
Khaled