[ovs-discuss] remap double-tagged frame

Aleksey Khalikov akhalikov at arccn.ru
Wed Jul 12 10:20:32 UTC 2017

Hi guys,

My scenario is as follows:

OVS 2.7.90 with two dpdk ports connected to IXIA two dedicated ports.

 From IXIA port1 I send double-tagged traffic to port2. I am trying to
remap inner and outer tags of the frames with group chaining and at last
send it out to port 2 of the OVS.

I issue these commands on the OVS:

ovs-ofctl -O OpenFlow13 add-group br0
group_id=1,type=indirect,bucket=actions=pop_vlan,group:2
ovs-ofctl -O OpenFlow13 add-group br0
group_id=2,type=indirect,bucket=actions=pop_vlan,group:3
ovs-ofctl -O OpenFlow13 add-group br0
group_id=3,type=indirect,bucket=actions=push_vlan:0x8100,set_field:4607-\>vlan_vid,group:4
ovs-ofctl -O OpenFlow13 add-group br0
group_id=4,type=indirect,bucket=actions=push_vlan:0x8100,set_field:4107-\>vlan_vid,output:2

ovs-ofctl -O Openflow13 add-flow br0
in_port=1,idle_timeout=0,actions=group:1

As a result the flow added to direct traffic from port 1 to group1 and
pop the first tag then to group 2 to pop second tag other groups just
push new vlan tags to the frame and send it out to port 2. Group
chaining works as expected btw.

After all the groups bucket actions I can examine 3 vlans (I use
Wireshark) on second interface, inside the frame, two of them are new
one and the one old inner tag.

Can you help me to get ovs work as expected pop two vlan tags at first
and then push new ones?

Sincerely,

Regards,

Aleksey