[ovs-discuss] Remote connection method for ovn-controller ovs-ofctl invocation.

Rana, JaiSingh JaiSingh.Rana at cavium.com
Thu Jul 13 17:41:11 UTC 2017

Hi Ben,
Sorry for the confusion. I meant ovn-controller invocation of function for pushing open-flows   from southdb to vswitchd which is running in nic using tcp connection and I agree with Lance that using external-ids for this purpose might be better idea.
Also for now, only this assumption i.e. ovn-controller and vswitchd are running on same host is blocking me. As as a proof of concept, i hardcoded tcp connection instead of unix socket file in ovn and now flows are getting updated in vswitchd.
Other configuration change that is done is to setup OF controller on integration bridge with ptcp instead of tcp method.

Thanks,
Jai