[ovs-discuss] OVS-DPDK IP fragmentation require

Darrell Ball dball at vmware.com
Thu Jul 27 04:08:00 UTC 2017

From: <ovs-discuss-bounces at openvswitch.org> on behalf of Hui Xiang <xianghuir at gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, July 26, 2017 at 7:47 PM
To: "ovs-discuss at openvswitch.org" <ovs-discuss at openvswitch.org>
Subject: [ovs-discuss] OVS-DPDK IP fragmentation require

Hi guys,

  Seems OVS-DPDK still missing IP fragmentation support, is there any schedule to have it?
OVS 2.9
I'm  transferring to use OVN, but for those nodes which have external network connection, they may face this problem,
except to configure Jumbo frames, is there any other workaround?

I am not clear on the situation however.
You mention about configuring jumbo frames which means you can avoid the fragments by doing this ?
If this is true, then this is the best way to proceed since performance will be better.
What is wrong with jumbo frames ?

BR.
Hui.