[ovs-discuss] OVS-DPDK IP fragmentation require

Hui Xiang xianghuir at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 10:18:37 UTC 2017

Blow is the diagram (using OVS-DPDK):

1. For packets coming to vm1 from internet where could have MTU 1500, there
could be including some fragmented packets,
    how does the ALC/Security groups handle these fragmented packets? do
nothing and pass it next which may pass the packets
    should be dropped or any special handling?
2. For packets egress from vm1, if all internal physical switch support
Jumbo Frame, that's fine, but if there are some physical swithes
    just support 1500/2000 MTU, then fragmented packets generated again.
The ACL/Security groups face problem as item 1 as well.

[image: Inline image 1]