[ovs-discuss] 回复: ovs-ofctl add-meter command limit rate can work ?

爬山虎 cxasm at qq.com
Fri Jun 2 09:17:57 UTC 2017

Thank you for you reply.

Recently i have read the  meter patch which realized in  user mode space in detail. Especially the  "dp_netdev_run_meter" function.

I don't think the implementation logical follow the openflow agreement.

For example , command likes next:

band=type=drop, rate=3000, burst_size= 4000
band=type=drop, rate =5000, burst_size=6000

The implementation logical in that patch is choose the minimum speed limit values , just always rate 3000 , and never have a chance to choose 5000.  Because the bucket of band just as for the rate in band basically.  Is it like this ?

If follow with the openflow agreement, first we must have a measured speed. This measured speed decide which band we to choose. In above example, if measured speed is 4500, must choose rate 3000; if measured is 6500, must choose rate 5000.

We have too many questions about these . Even so , the next step our team need to implement such an algorithm in kernel mode. If you hava any news about meter, hope can tell us in advance.