[ovs-discuss] Questions about IPFIX

Greg Rose gvrose8192 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 21:42:49 UTC 2017

On 06/02/2017 09:08 AM, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> ipfix_cache_entry_init() initializes the start and end to be the same:
>
>          xgettimeofday(&now);
>          entry->flow_end_timestamp_usec = now.tv_usec + 1000000LL * now.tv_sec;
>          entry->flow_start_timestamp_usec = entry->flow_end_timestamp_usec;
>
> and then I don't see anything that ever updates the "end" time.  I guess
> that's the issue.

 From looking at the code it appears to me that the ipfix_cache_update() function isn't doing
anything to update the time stamps.  It updates the stats but the stats function doesn't update
time stamps.  From what I can tell though that seems the place where it should be updated.  I can
try whipping up a bug fix patch for this if ipfix_cache_update() is the right place to do the time
stamp update.

- Greg