[ovs-discuss] enforce TLSv1.2 in OVN

Lance Richardson lrichard at redhat.com
Tue Jun 6 16:26:21 UTC 2017

> From: "Dominik Holler" <dholler at redhat.com>

That's correct. There has been some recent work to support the use of
IPSec for tunnel encryption, but as far as I know no one has investigated
using IPSec with OVN tunnels. If there is a need for this, we could
look into it. See:

    https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/674858/

> For the meta data connections ovsdb-server acts as the server.
> ovsdb-server has the command line option --ssl-protocols, but I do not
> understand how to apply this. ovsdb-server seems to be started by
> ovn-ctl, but I do not recognize a way to utilize ovn-ctl to
> pass the --ssl-protocols option.
> How should the --ssl-protocols option passed to ovsdb-server?

I think we'll need to add a new option to ovn-ctl to allow this option
to be specified.

I also think we should allow the --ssl-protocols configuration to be
stored in the ovsdb database and have support in ovn-nbctl/ovn-sbctl
etc. for setting it.

I'll go ahead and start working on that, it would be good if you could
open a BZ for tracking the upstream and backport work.