[ovs-discuss] VxLAN tunneling to/from an on-box VM with OvS?

Mark McConnaughay mcconnma at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 15:01:59 UTC 2017

Hi, we have a use case to use OvS with VxLAN tunneling to a VM on the same
box.
It seems like this should work but I'm not able to configure it in OvS.
I've been able to construct VxLAN tunneling b/w two OvS instances on two
different machines and have VMs ping each other as is the normal use case
and for tunneling to an on-box VM I've tried using an internal/isolated
bridge with no physical ports, but to no avail. Any suggestions on how to
accomplish this or if it is even possible? Thanks.