[ovs-discuss] VxLAN tunneling to/from an on-box VM with OvS?

Mark McConnaughay mcconnma at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 18:44:07 UTC 2017

Thanks, sorry, needed to reply all, yes, that would work, but
unfortunately, I am not able to deploy OvS into the VMs. For one of the VMs
it is provided by a third-party and it is expecting VxLAN, and in the other
VM, it runs a proprietary OS which works with qemu/KVM and no hope of
getting OvS up and running in it. So, i need to entirely construct this on
the Host, something like:
NIC <-> OvS Bridge (encap) <-> VxLAN <-> VM <-> VxLAN <-> (decap) OvS
Bridge <-> VM. Perhaps a custom vSwitch with DPDK would be more
appropriate? Thanks!