[ovs-discuss] Packet are truncated to default MTU 1500 - namespace connected via a TAP device

Avi Cohen (A) avi.cohen at huawei.com
Wed Jun 14 11:05:24 UTC 2017

Hi All,
I have a namespace connected to ovs-dpdk via a tap device

# create an internal ovs port
ovs-vsctl add-port br-int tap1 -- set Interface tap1 type=internal
# attach it to namespace
ip link set tap1 netns ns1

I also have vxlan port in the br-int.

When I send a packet from namespace with len=2000, I see in the namespace that a packet with len 2000 isi transmitted but in the vxlan port statistics I see that the packet is received with 1500 bytes only.

Why/where  is this packet truncated ? all my interfaces are set with MTU 9000

When connected via veth-pair pkt are OK.

Best Regards
avi