[ovs-discuss] connecting switches

Bruce Hartpence bhhics at rit.edu
Sat Jun 17 01:19:35 UTC 2017

Hello all - I am working on a use case for ovs with multiple hypervisors. I am using ODL Carbon for the controller and can get all OVS instances to appear in DLUX but I am missing the boat on interconnecting the switches themselves. So, VMs on the different hypervisors cannot communicate. The documentation suggests that patch interfaces can be used to handle this but it appears to be for bridge instances on the same OVS VM.

Bruce Hartpence
Professor, IST Dept., RIT
585-475-7938
bhhics at rit.edu

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information.