[ovs-discuss] OVS-DPDK - Very poor performance when connected to namespace/container

Avi Cohen (A) avi.cohen at huawei.com
Sun Jun 18 06:51:27 UTC 2017

Thank you all
1. I cannot run dpdk in the container since I have to run there applications require the linux ip-stack
2. I have ovs 2.6.1 with dpdk-stable-16.07.2 and I get an error message [could not open network device tap1 - No such device ] when try to set an af-packet port:

       ip tuntap add dev tap1 mode tap

      ovs-vsctl add-port br0 tap1 -- set Interface tap1 type=dpdk \

in other doc I saw a bit different command   with 2 if names tap1 and eth0
    ovs-vsctl add-port br0 tap1 -- set Interface tap1 type=dpdk \

what is the correct command ?
Best Regards
avi