[ovs-discuss] OVS-DPDK - af_packet vdev configuration - Error

Avi Cohen (A) avi.cohen at huawei.com
Sun Jun 18 10:58:51 UTC 2017

Hi All,

I have ovs 2.6.1 with dpdk-stable-16.07.2 ,  I'm trying to create  an af_packet  vdev interface with the following commands:

    1.    ip tuntap add dev tap1 mode tap

   2.    ovs-vsctl add-port br0 tap1 -- set Interface tap1 type=dpdk \

but I get an error message [could not open network device tap1 - No such device ]

can you assist  how to set this interface ?

Best Regards
avi