[ovs-discuss] connecting switches

Bruce Hartpence bhhics at rit.edu
Wed Jun 21 16:36:18 UTC 2017

Thanks for the reply - I am giving GRE a whirl with ESXi (GRE seems to be the choice for most). I haven't had much luck so far but it does seem counter-intuitive especially when dealing with traffic that does not have an IP header. It seems like L2TP might be a better option for connecting layer 2 spaces together.

Bruce Hartpence
Professor, IST Dept., RIT
585-475-7938
bhhics at rit.edu

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information.