[ovs-discuss] max mega flow 64k per pmd or per dpcls?

Bodireddy, Bhanuprakash bhanuprakash.bodireddy at intel.com
Thu Jun 29 14:23:51 UTC 2017

>I guess the answer is now the general LLC is 2.5M per core so that there is 64k
>flows per thread.

AFAIK, the no. of flows here may not have to do anything with LLC.  Also there is EMC cache(8k entries) of ~4MB per PMD thread.
Yes the performance will be nice with simple test cases (P2P with 1 PMD thread) as most of this fits in to LLC. But in real scenarios  OvS-DPDK can be memory bound.

BTW, on my DUT the LLC is 35MB and has 28 cores and so the assumption of 2.5M/core isn't right.

- Bhanuprakash.