[ovs-discuss] ovs-appctl command failing

Srikanth Lingala srikanth.lingala at nxp.com
Wed Mar 1 15:30:06 UTC 2017

Hi,
I am using OVS 2.6.1.

In general, if I add a route using the command 'ip route add 1.1.1.0/24 dev br-int', ovs-appctl ovs/route/show should list the added route. But, in my case that route is not showing.
Even, If I added manually using the command 'ovs-appctl ovs/route/add', it's giving an error. Following are commands executed:

#> ovs-vsctl add-br br-int
#> ifconfig br-int up
#> ovs-appctl ovs/route/add 1.1.1.0/24 br-int
Error while inserting route.

I am not able to find any kind of elaborated error log.
But, when I give an IP address (eg: 1.1.1.2) to 'br-int', I am able to see the following route in ovs-appctl ovs/route/show:
Cached: 1.1.1.2/32 dev br-int SRC 1.1.1.2

Can anyone help me to identify the issue?

Regards,
Srikanth.