[ovs-discuss] Kernel 4.10.* supported in 2.7?

Joe Stringer joe at ovn.org
Fri Mar 3 23:55:10 UTC 2017

On 28 February 2017 at 10:44, Marko Weber <weber at zbfmail.de> wrote:
> What about the idea of supported Kernels at top of Release notes?
> Interesting maybe for a lot ppl.
>
> Can anyone tell me if 2.7 Supports 4.10.* ?

One thing to note is that the ovs userspace should work with any
kernel version; it's only the DKMS kernel module (out-of-tree) that
comes with the OVS source which has limited support. Those that are
concerned with this will find out soon enough when they try to build
their own custom versions of OVS. I would expect that most users
install OVS from their distribution, which typically do not use the
DKMS module.