[ovs-discuss] setting remote ovs bridge with ssh

felipeapolanco at gmail.com felipeapolanco at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 20:12:01 UTC 2017

Create a bash script using cat << quotes and put your commands there and finally bash it, that way you keep your current SSH connection and a new daemon modifies the interfaces and ask for the new IP in the bridge.

Make sure you get the same IP you had when you ask the DHCP request with dhclient, consult your DHCP server about that.

I use this method all the time to move interfaces to bridges without losing connection.