[ovs-discuss] OFPFF_CHECK_OVERLAP checking problem

Brandon Cheng brandon.cheng at estinet.com
Thu Mar 30 06:03:51 UTC 2017

Hi,

I am using ovs 2.1.2.

When I add flow with OFPFF_CHECK_OVERLAP flag, even having a flow with the
same priority and match in the ovs db,  ovs doesn't response  with an
ofp_error_msg with OFPET_FLOW_MOD_FAILED type and OFPFMFC_OVERLAP code.

the command as below:
ovs-ofctl add-flow br0 "check_overlap, priority=9, actions=output:20" -O
openflow13

The original code for checking  OFPFF_CHECK_OVERLAP in the ofproto.c as
below:
.
.
 rule = rule_from_cls_rule(classifier_find_rule_exactly(&table->cls, &cr));
.
.
.if (fm->flags & OFPUTIL_FF_CHECK_OVERLAP) {

I think the "if (fm->flags & OFPUTIL_FF_CHECK_OVERLAP) { " statement must
execute before
 "rule = rule_from_cls_rule(classifier_find_rule_exactly(&table->cls,
&cr)); " statement.
And then the checking OFPFF_CHECK_OVERLAP mechanism works fine after I test.

BR.
Brandon