[ovs-discuss] Support for l3 vports

Jiannan Ouyang ouyangj at fb.com
Wed May 10 00:33:45 UTC 2017

Hi Ben,

On 5/9/17, 2:05 PM, "Ben Pfaff" <blp at ovn.org> wrote:

>    I think that OVS supports L3 LISP tunnels.  In general the support for
>    packets without an Ethernet header is pretty thin right now, so it's
>    entirely possible that you're running into bugs or omissions.

Yeah, I found a port->is_layer3 flag that is set for LISP tunnels. However, barely hardcode this flag to 1 did not make the GTP vport to work.

>    There's a series under review that's doing some work in this area:
>    https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__patchwork.ozlabs.org_project_openvswitch_list_-3Fsubmitter-3D67904&d=DwIBAg&c=5VD0RTtNlTh3ycd41b3MUw&r=DlEiPn-jT33DcPoRArwOWA&m=uLkE5l3cwnYodUvT6yUiWdvZH0I2JJ79gUFU7WT5z5g&s=3VGS8ZoINTMBn510cuDOZdvXulrKgYWBj_zhyzEjbtY&e=

I will investigate these patches to see if I can fix our issue. Any instructions or guidance on what code pieces should be touched would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
-Jiannan