[ovs-discuss] a struct to keep flow scores

Avi Cohen (A) avi.cohen at huawei.com
Thu May 11 06:42:26 UTC 2017

Thanks  Ben,
The general idea is to store flow info (pkt, bytes, last_time_used)  which is updated every dumping phase and learn about flow behavior
To calculate  flow-usage and and flow-span scores in order to evict  flows based  this criteria.

I thought of 2 implementation methods:
1st  impl. Methiod
Store   the flow statistics  (pkt, bytes, last_time_used)  which is updated every dumping phase in a  flow ring-buffer
So we need to store info  of flows that are in openflow tables that were installed  at least one time  at dp-cache and currently are or aren't in dp-cache
The question is where to allocate this ring buffer ?

2nd impl. Method:
Maintain a global sliding window contains all flows statistics, then  at eviction phase - calculate the scores based on the sliding window information
The question is where to allocate this sliding window ?
Best Regards
avi