[ovs-discuss] UDP Packets not forwarded by OVS

Advith Nagappa advith.nagappa at gmail.com
Wed May 17 14:02:21 UTC 2017

I have an OVS- userspace bridge:

    Bridge "br0"
        Port "ovs-tap2"
            Interface "ovs-tap2"
        Port "br0"
            Interface "br0"
                type: internal
        Port "ovs-tap1"
            Interface "ovs-tap1"

I have created two namespaces ns1 and ns2 and attached them to the ovs-tap
ports (using veth pairs).

I am able to send TCP and ICMP packets between the two namespaces.
eg: ip netns exec ns1 traceroute -I  && ip netns exec ns1
traceroute -T

but doing the same with UDP fails (doesn't find hops)
ip netns exec ns1 traceroute

I have disabled iptables and ufw (firewall).

Also, if i add a rule for UDP specifically:
ovs-ofctl add-flow br0

i see that this rule is hit.(packet count increases in dump-flows), but
forwarding is not done.

Has anyone gone through a similar issue and come out with new wisdom to
share? Would be be very helpful..

Best Regards