[ovs-discuss] Unable to configure OVS with DPDK in CentOS 7.2.1511

Stokes, Ian ian.stokes at intel.com
Mon May 29 14:46:46 UTC 2017

Hi Mohan,

OVS 2.5.2 is not compatible with DPDK 16.11.1. OVS 2.5 can be used with DPDK 2.2.

The mapping of supported OVS and DPDK versions are available in the releases document for OVS (see link below).

http://docs.openvswitch.org/en/latest/faq/releases/

If DPDK 16.11.1 is a requirement I would suggest using OVS 2.7 and following the build instructions in the documentation for OVS with DPDK

http://docs.openvswitch.org/en/latest/intro/install/dpdk/

Regards
Ian