[ovs-discuss] Capacity/Quota in ovs/openflow

Peter Phaal peter.phaal at inmon.com
Mon Nov 6 16:03:02 UTC 2017

Amar,

Open vSwitch includes sFlow / NetFlow instrumentation. Using flow data to drive your quota controller reduces the complexity of the OpenFlow rules since you no longer need granular rules to provide the traffic measurements.

The following article describes building a quota controller using sFlow:

http://blog.sflow.com/2017/09/real-time-visibility-and-control-of.html

Peter