[ovs-discuss] How to compute CPU stats for openvswitch.ko by perf

wuhao (A) wuhao82 at huawei.com
Fri Nov 10 10:50:49 UTC 2017

Hi all,

   I'm trying to use 'perf' tool to compute the CPU stats used by the kernel functions of OVS. But when I trigger perf, I get :

/lib/modules/4.4.0-31-generic/kernel/net/openvswitch/openvswitch.ko with build id 49ebd01582f3bcd430a9198ed942076f9b0e06aa not found, continuing without symbols

   I have added "-g" and  "-O2" options by " ./configure CFLAGS="-g -O2", of which "-g" is needed by perf to trace symbols. However, I still get the error above.

   Do you have any idea for that? Or do you have any other tools to get the CPU usage in terms to the functions of OVS kernel module? Many thanks!

Hao Wu