[ovs-discuss] Integration of ovn/ovs with kubernetes

Sébastien Bernard sbernard at nerim.net
Tue Nov 14 22:40:42 UTC 2017

Hello,

I'm looking for some pieces of advise to use a network based on
openvswitch with kubernetes.

I've tried to follow the following document
https://github.com/openvswitch/ovn-kubernetes, with some success and
some failures.

First, it's not really clear what version of kubernetes is supported
with this software. I followed all the recipe, and at the end when
starting the ovs-k8s-watcher, I get error about the
system:anonymous-user not having the right to list services (tried with
kubernetes 1.8).

Second, I was puzzled by the install procedure, I don't really know
where the kubernetes configuration is modified. I was expecting some
yaml to apply with the kubectl, and nothing seems to change the kube
configuration. Where's the link between the pods and the ovs ?

Third, is the 'ovn-k8s-overlay minion-init ' to be run on all minion and
the master also or only on the nodes ?

And last, what is the ovn-kube exectutable and how do you use it ?

Seb