[ovs-discuss] ovndb_servers can't be promoted

Hui Xiang xianghuir at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 08:59:35 UTC 2017

Hi Numan,

Finally figure it out what's wrong when running ovndb-servers ocf in my
environment.

1. There is no default ovnnb and ovnsb running in my environment, I thought
it should be started by pacemaker as the usual way other typical resource
agent do it.
when I create the ovndb_servers resource, nothing happened, no operation is
executed except monitor, which is really hard to debug for a while.
In the ovsdb_server_monitor() function, first it will check the status,
here, it will be return NOT_RUNNING, then in
the ovsdb_server_master_update() function, "CRM_MASTER -D" is being
executed, which appears stopped every following action, I am not very clear
what work it did.

So, do the ovn_nb and ovn_sb needs to be running previouly before pacemaker
ovndb_servers resource create? Is there any such documentation referred?

2. Without your patch every nodes executing ovsdb_server_monitor and return
OCF_SUCCESS
However, the first node of the three nodes cluster is executed
ovsdb_server_stop action, the reason showed below:
<27>Nov 28 15:35:11 node-1 pengine[1897010]:    error: clone_color:
ovndb_servers:0 is running on node-1.domain.tld which isn't allowed
Did I miss anything? I don't understand why it isn't allowed.

3. Regard your patch[1]
It first reports "/usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/ovn/ovndb-servers: line 26:
ocf_attribute_target: command not found ]" in my environment(pacemaker
1.1.12)
The log showed same as item2, but I have seen very shortly different state
from "pcs status" as below shown:
 Master/Slave Set: ovndb_servers-master [ovndb_servers]
     Slaves: [ node-1.domain.tld node-2.domain.tld node-3.domain.tld ]
There is no promote action being executed.

Thanks for looking and help.

[1] - https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/839022/