[ovs-discuss] How to create a new bridge by API, not command line

Raymond Burkholder ray at oneunified.net
Tue Nov 28 12:09:18 UTC 2017

>From what I’ve seen in responses previously in the mailing list,
generically, you want to take a look at RFC-7047.

Then take a look at https://www.relaxdiego.com/2014/09/ovsdb.html for some
example OVSDB interactions in a non-network scenario.

That blog entry makes heavy use  of ovsdb-client.  Which indicates that
would be the code to look at in the github repository for explicit
connection scenarios and examples.

Then take a look  at the various man pages describing the database tables
and records (with pages indexed at
http://docs.openvswitch.org/en/latest/ref/)

That is the long way to say that by adding the appropriate database records,
you can build the interfaces via the established APIs.