[ovs-discuss] connecting two physical ovs to extend ports

Christian Pama contact.christianpama at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 02:37:45 UTC 2017

hello to all.

I'm new to ovs and I'm currently working with it for my final undergrad
project. I'm trying to connect two physical openvswitch installed on a
separate raspberry pi as means of adding physical ports to my physical
network. I'm limited to the following setup:

| controller | <====> | br0 on raspberry pi1 | <==wired ethernet==> | br0
on raspberry pi2 |

i reserved both eth0 on the two raspberry pi for GRE tunneling procedures
found http://docs.openvswitch.org/en/latest/howto/tunneling/on but I can't
seem to work it out because raspberrypi2 can't ping the controller attached
on raspberrypi1.

My questions is if my setup is feasible (running two separate ovs with one
controller as a means of extending the ports) or if is there a better way
to do it given my setup?

*Christian Miguel C. Pama*
Personal: contact.christianpama at gmail.com
Academic: cmcpama at live.mcl.edu.ph