[ovs-discuss] Help to Modify OVS Source Code

Mohammed Kamel mk.ksa3 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 01:03:12 UTC 2017

Hello,

I am new at mining and OVS. I need help with modifying the OVS source code to make the following: I am using mininet with OVS and want to print a message on the counsel each time the OVS switch receive an LLDP packet from the controller. which file should I modify some people told me to modify ("handle_packet_out" function at "ofproto.c”) and some others say modify (ovs/ofproto/ofproto-dpif-xlate.c in process_special() around line #3060)

- After I download and modify the source code, how can I use the modified file in mininet?
- Can I install and use the OVS as remote switch and use it instead of the one in mininet?

I need some step by step guides and really appreciate your help.

Regards
Aleinzi,