[ovs-discuss] openvswitch-2.5.0 selectively remove bond members

MY-OVS DISCUSS my_ovs_discuss at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 5 21:27:20 UTC 2017

Thanks Ben for the response.
Deleting and adding bond seems a costly operation as we have to set trunks etc all again, along with add-bond.
Is there a way we can disable the interface that is a bond member, so that bond wouldn't use it, even though physical-link of that net_device is UP?
I tried doing ovs-vsctl set interface memberx admin_state=down. But it becomes UP almost immediately.
Thanks

    On Thursday, October 5, 2017, 1:38:54 PM PDT, Ben Pfaff <blp at ovn.org> wrote:

 On Thu, Oct 05, 2017 at 08:24:59PM +0000, MY-OVS DISCUSS via discuss wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to use ovs-vsctl to remove a particular member of a bond or add a member to an existing bond.
> Looks like I can use ovs-vsctl remove port bond0 interfaces <_uuid_of_member_iface>But, if I have to add a member to an existing interface, I don't see anyway of doing it, otherthan deleting the whole bond and supply new set of members.
> Is there a way to add new member using ovs-vsctl add port bond0 interfaces <netdev_name> ?

You could use "create" and "add", but there shouldn't be much downside
to removing and adding a bond in a single transaction:

ovs-vsctl del-port br0 bond0 -- add-bond br0 bond0 a b c d