[ovs-discuss] Apply some packet manipulation actions on outgoing port traffic

Juraj Markotic juraj.markotic at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 19:35:42 UTC 2017

Hello,
thanks for feedback.
I know OVS can truncate payload and that in can modify mac/IPs in header
(i.e. like doing NAT).
I also know OVS can deencapsulate GRE (of VXLAN) when packet is arriving on
tunnel OVS interface (done automatically).
But I was not aware that OVS can remove tunnel headers when switching
incoming GTP/GRE/VXLAN header and extract inside packet (with totally new
src/dst ip) and send it out.
Can you share some OVS cli example for such ?
we have network packet broker (NPB) with OVS, so if NPB is delivering
tunnel packets, it would be great if we could remove tunnel headers before
delivering it to the (monitoring) tool on outgoing port.

thanks,
jm