[ovs-discuss] IGMP Snooping on OVS 2.7.0

Sterdnot Shaken sterdnotshaken at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 22:08:24 UTC 2017

Just curious why, with igmp snooping enabled on the OVS bridge, I am still
getting multicast traffic on other VM's (that shouldn't be getting it) on
the same vlan?

Here's how I'm enabling IGMP Snooping:

*ovs-vsctl set Bridge ovs-br mcast_snooping_enable=trueovs-vsctl set Bridge
ovs-br other_config:mcast-snooping-disable-flood-unregistered=true*

Then, I run iperf between two nodes like this to simulate mcast traffic:

*iperf -s -u -B 239.1.1.1 -i 1iperf -c 239.1.1.1 -u -T 32 -t 3 -i 1*

While this test is active, I see all this traffic on those other nodes in
that same vlan...

Anyone have any ideas? Are their OVS commands that allow me to see more
details regarding IGMP Snooping besides it being enabled/disabled?

Thanks in advance!

Steve