[ovs-discuss] IGMP Snooping on OVS 2.7.0

Ben Pfaff blp at ovn.org
Tue Oct 10 00:14:28 UTC 2017

On Mon, Oct 09, 2017 at 04:08:24PM -0600, Sterdnot Shaken wrote:
> Just curious why, with igmp snooping enabled on the OVS bridge, I am still
> getting multicast traffic on other VM's (that shouldn't be getting it) on
> the same vlan?
>
> Here's how I'm enabling IGMP Snooping:
>

> *ovs-vsctl set Bridge ovs-br mcast_snooping_enable=trueovs-vsctl set Bridge
> ovs-br other_config:mcast-snooping-disable-flood-unregistered=true*
>
> Then, I run iperf between two nodes like this to simulate mcast traffic:
>

> *iperf -s -u -B 239.1.1.1 -i 1iperf -c 239.1.1.1 -u -T 32 -t 3 -i 1*
>
> While this test is active, I see all this traffic on those other nodes in
> that same vlan...
>
> Anyone have any ideas? Are their OVS commands that allow me to see more
> details regarding IGMP Snooping besides it being enabled/disabled?

Thank you for the report.

There is one IGMP related bug fix patch that got into 2.8 but didn't get
backported to previous versions.  I've now applied this to branch-2.7.
It would be a good idea to try it to see if it fixes the problem.

You should be able to find out more about multicast snooping activity by
turning up the log level for the ofproto-dpif-xlate module, e.g. with
"ovs-appctl vlog/set ofproto-dpif-xlate".