[ovs-discuss] Does it work if netdev datapath connect system datapath through patch ports

Hui Xiang xianghuir at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 10:04:16 UTC 2017

Thanks Ben.

Is the patch port output logistic within function apply_nested_clone_actions
? Sorry, I have not totally understood the whole picture on how a packet
through
the datapath flow on the case that goes from netdev datapath patch port_B
to system datapath port_C. Is it such a procedure:
When a packet arrives at patch port_B of netdev datapath br1, the xlate ctx
switch to system datapath br2, and try to find a
rule, the rule probably missed, but I didn't find where this rule should be
preloaded, and why does it not work in this case.

Coud you help to guide?

In additions, does it work with veth connected netdev datapath with system
datapath? It seems OVN will bridge the br-int with
the external network having another bridge with patch port, in this case,
if br-int is netdev, but external bridge is system,
then it doesn't work as what I understand so far.

Thanks much.