[ovs-discuss] Adding/Removing Flows Programmatically in C Application

Tommy Romano tomrom95 at fb.com
Mon Oct 16 21:05:10 UTC 2017

My project was previously calling system commands like ‘ovs-ofctl add-flow’ directly from C, but we would like to do this programmatically now, by calling into the openvswitch library. After looking at this for a bit and what methods I would have to call, I’ve realized this is non trivial, and I can’t find any easily exposed methods to add and delete flows. Does anyone have an example anywhere of calling into openvswitch methods directly to add/remove flows? So far the best way I can find is calling into ovn/controller/ofctrl.h:ofctrl_add_flow(…), but this will require quite a bit of legwork.
Best,
Tommy Romano