[ovs-discuss] Huge number of netlink file descriptors open

Roman Bolshakov roolebo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 15:47:34 UTC 2017

Hi Paul,

I see exactly the same behavior of OVS 2.7.0. Have it been fixed in 2.7.1+?

I have more than 13k netlink sockets open, the number is slowly growing
nearly 1200 descriptors/hour.
As of now ovsdb has ~100 bridges, ~700 ports, ~700 interfaces (1 per port).

The fix (included in 2.7.1+) could be related to the issue:
https://github.com/openvswitch/ovs/commit/27af7a0d0daa92bd699270bcc5b2931f4a0247bf

Thanks,
Roman