[ovs-discuss] Bug with GRE tunnel and "ip xfrm" GRE match?

Keith Holleman holleman at skyportsystems.com
Tue Oct 17 23:49:54 UTC 2017

Does anyone know the status of this problem?  The code has changed from the
original proposed patch but I don't think I see it fixed as of yet.

https://mail.openvswitch.org/pipermail/ovs-discuss/2015-June/037681.html

I can't find an issue that was ever raised to track this either.

The reason I'm asking is that I have run into what seems to be very similar
behavior where an installed "ip xfrm" policy that attempts to match on GRE
keys but does not seem to work when the GRE packet is generated by a local
OVS switch.

-K