[ovs-discuss] Route between bridges in OVS+DPDK

Scott Lowe scott.lowe at scottlowe.org
Thu Oct 19 08:34:57 UTC 2017

> On Oct 18, 2017, at 9:08 PM, BALL SUN <paulrbk at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have two VLANs in the host, and bridge is created for each VLAN, and
> I need to perofrm routing between, so I believed I need a patch port,
> right?
>
> On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 4:44 AM, Aaron Conole <aconole at redhat.com> wrote:
>> BALL SUN <paulrbk at gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> is it possible to route the packet from bridge interface 1 to bridge
>>> interface 2 in OVS+DPDK environment?
>>
>> Are you looking for patch ports?  veth ports?  What are you trying to
>> accomplish?

I don't know how it works with OVS+DPDK, but with the kernel datapath you need some L3 interfaces (one for each subnet/VLAN; IIRC you can use OVS internal interfaces here) and then you need to enable routing in the Linux kernel. That, or you need to use an OpenFlow controller and program all the routing functions (rewrite MAC address, decrement TTL, etc.) via flows.

--
Scott