[ovs-discuss] Default Openflow Ports

Amar Padmanabhan amarpadmanabhan at fb.com
Sun Oct 29 05:03:03 UTC 2017

Thanks Ben, I think we figured it out.
We want the controller to allocate port numbers to prevent the round trip when we create a port and wanted to understand what is a safe range to allocate through the ofport_request so we don’t have to worry about collisions with the vswitch allocated port numbers. We are running with > 32k.
Thanks
- Amar

On 10/26/17, 10:45 AM, "ovs-discuss-bounces at openvswitch.org on behalf of Ben Pfaff" <ovs-discuss-bounces at openvswitch.org on behalf of blp at ovn.org> wrote:

    On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 12:08:48AM +0000, Tommy Romano wrote:
    > We’re trying to manually set the openflow port numbers for our OVS
    > bridge ports. What port numbers should we avoid setting? I thought it
    > was 1-16k and 65534-65535 that are allocated by OVS, but wanted to
    > confirm.

    I don't really understand this question.  OpenFlow usually runs on port
    6653, or sometimes on the legacy port number 6633.