[ovs-discuss] [ovs-dev] OVS DPDK NUMA pmd assignment question for physical port

O Mahony, Billy billy.o.mahony at intel.com
Wed Sep 6 09:13:43 UTC 2017

Hi Wang,

A change was committed to head of master 2017-08-02 "dpif-netdev: Assign ports to pmds on non-local numa node" which if I understand your request correctly will do what you require.

However it is not clear to me why you are pinning rxqs to PMDs in the first instance. Currently if you configure at least on pmd on each numa there should always be a PMD available. Is the pinning for performance reasons?

Regards,
Billy