[ovs-discuss] How to submit a bug report

Llorente Santos Jesus jesus.llorente.santos at aalto.fi
Mon Sep 11 21:27:46 UTC 2017

Hi Ben, thank you for getting back to me on this.

I noticed that my previous email with the steps to reproduce was sent to ovs-dev mailing list. It somewhat felt like the appropriate place to send such detailed issue.
In any case, I have added those same steps to the open issue in the ovs-issues repo. I hope that simplifies the follow up!

I spent quite bit of time looking at the code but I couldn't really see anything odd. Comparing  2.5.3 with 2.7.0, showed a vast number of commits. I deepened into the tunnelling code for GRE, VXLAN and Geneve but couldn't stop the difference. It's quite odd, in my experience, marking packets does not invalidate in any case receiving them into the socket.

The issue here is that 2.5.3 is the current LTS version, which in late June received a new update. The release note says "Bug fixes", so maybe there is still something we can fix there...

Best,
Jesus