[ovs-discuss] Troubleshooting network issues with ovn without network namespaces

Vikrant Aggarwal ervikrant06 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 04:45:34 UTC 2017

Hi Folks,

With ovs as mechanism driver in neutron, I used network namespaces often to
troubleshoot the network related issue especially with instances which are
not having floating ip attached to them. It's easy to take ssh session to
instances without floating ip from network namespace and then take the
tcpdump at various hops to troubleshoot the issue.

With ovn, hops are reduced as all decisions are made using openflows but
it's difficult to troubleshoot the issue.

Do we have any mechanism to take the ssh session to instance with only
private ip in case of ovn and take tcpdump on logical switches and ports?

Thanks & Regards,
Vikrant Aggarwal