[ovs-discuss] ovs and nsh

Frederic Tobias Christ ftchrist at msopb.de
Wed Apr 4 19:43:30 UTC 2018

Dear all,

I would like to work with OVS and the NSH extension in my thesis. At the moment, I just set up a minimal example. Unfortunately OVS does not forward any packets when I specify encap() as an action. You can find my test-setup at:
https://github.com/frederictobiasc/ovs-nsh-testbed/blob/master/README.md
Basically I am starting two docker containers, and I would like to send a packet from a to b, and OVS should encapsulate it with NSH and Ethernet. My setup is based on the second test case out of https://github.com/openvswitch/ovs/blob/master/tests/nsh.at

I would be happy if you could help me.
Thank you in advance and best wishes,

Frédéric Tobias Christ